Monday, March 10, 2014

February and March

A lot has happened since I last posted, and I feel bad that I'm already getting behind (but not that bad because I only skipped February, so secretly I feel like that's really good for me). First off I got a new calling. I have two now. I've been on the Enrichment committee, or whatever it is actually called now, and then the beginning of last month they asked if they could give me another one. I was thinking it would be ward librarian or something. Nope. They asked me to be a Sunday School teacher for the 12-14 year olds. At first I was a little terrified, but oh my gosh! Can I say best calling ever!? Ok I won't go that far, but I really love it so much! My first week I was shocked at how similar it was to substituting Sunbeams because they talk and get sidetracked like crazy, but I think I'm learning how to work around that and most weeks we get through the lesson pretty well. I don't know if its just the kids I get to teach or if I actually like teaching, but I feel so blessed to get this calling right now!

Next my grandpa passed away. I was going to dedicate a whole post to this but had a really hard time saying what I wanted to about it, so I will just say that I feel so blessed to know I will see him again. God's Plan of Salvation is real and it is amazing! The more I learn and understand His plan, the more I am in awe at how merciful He is to us. He loves us so much!! And I know that because of that love, and through Christ's atonement and resurrection, I will get to be with my grandpa again someday. Of all the people who wanted me to keep going with the violin he was probably the one who encouraged me the most. He told me years ago that I had to play at his funeral and I'm so glad I was able to do that while my sisters sang. I think he would have loved it. Maybe he and I will get to be in an orchestra in Heaven together :)

And another big event, my sister got engaged!!! Although its sad to be losing her, and one of the one and a half people who text me, I am so excited for her! I can't wait to see how they do together because although I think they will have some things they'll have to work out (like everyone else), I think they will be great for each other! And I'm really excited to have a reason to buy a new outfit...

And just for fun, here are some pics!


 Matching pouty faces...


 This one isn't a great pic but they were having so much fun playing with this giant Frisbee! 
I love seeing how much she loves her grandma and grandpa!!

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry! I will still text you just as much as I do now! :) Also, I am loving all the pics! More please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful testimony! Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your grandpa, that is so tough. I love the pictures! Especially that first one, you are such a cute mama with 2 of the most adorable kiddos on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pouty face picture! Actually, I love them all and agree with Allie...more please!

    ReplyDelete