Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twenty Five

A couple months ago I turned 25, and although I don't feel old yet I feel like I've hit a milestone. It made me think a little, and it hit me that I am exactly where I always wanted to be at this age. Back in school or church when we were asked to write our goals or where we planned to be in 10 years the most important things to me were that I was married in the Temple to an amazing guy (and was still married), and was a mom. I feel so blessed to be where I am right now. I married that amazing guy I had dreamed of in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple back in 2010 and I can gladly say I love him so much more now than I did that day. And a couple years later had an adorable baby girl and now the cutest little boy ever!

Although the road to get here wasn't quite like I expected it would be, and I know there are a lot more surprises to come, it is so much better than I imagined it would be. And I had high expectations! Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. I'm literally not exaggerating at all. It's the hardest thing I have ever done, but it truly is the best thing in the world to me.

Sometimes I catch myself wanting more. I want a house, and I want to be closer to family, and I want to live in a city that isn't freezing all the time and has more than one grocery store. But it doesn't take a lot to stop and realize how great life is even without those things. All I really need is what I have, and that is my loving husband who comes home to us every night after work, the ability to care for my children and love them every day, and my testimony. Life would be so different without the gospel of Jesus Christ. I get to go through every day knowing that my family and I are loved and watched over, and that even if bad things happen, we will be together forever after this. I have so much to be thankful for! Life really is beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment